Ximena is a partner in the Firm’s Competition and Antitrust, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, and Public Law practice groups. She is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer by international legal directories. Her 20 years of experience includes roles on a range of major contentious situations, including litigation and domestic and international arbitration in connection with infrastructure projects, antitrust violations, and public law.
She benefits from an international education at Pace University and Harvard Law School (USA), and from a period at formerly leading disputes boutique firm Fernández de Soto & Asociados (formerly Fernando Londoño Abogados, 1997-2010).
- Colbún S.A. (Chile): Served on a team that advised in the bidding process/auction carried out by the Colombian Government for the sale of the Nation’s shares in Isagen S.A. ESP. The estimated price of the transaction was over US$200 million.
- TV Azteca S.A.B. de C.V.: Acting as legal counsel in different matters during the performance of the contracts executed with the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications (MINTIC), for the National Optic Fiber Project and the Digital Connections Project.
- Graña y Montero and Pavimentos de Colombia S.A.: Advising the Peruvian giant in a bidding process carried out by the National Infrastructure Agency (ANI), for the concession of the Barranquilla International Airport (Ernesto Cortissoz). Amount of the transaction: US$200 million.
- Antitrust investigations: Acting as local counsel in several investigations conducted by the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce: (i) investigation against sugar mill companies; (ii) investigation against the diapers’ cartel; (iii) investigation against the San Andrés airport concessionaire.
- Private companies: Advising companies in several bidding processes: (i) Public Bidding FTIC-LP-09-13 - Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications: High Speed Telecommunications Network Project (US$190 million). (ii) Public Bidding FTIC-LP-08-13 - Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications: VIVE DIGITAL Kiosks Phase II. Contract awarded for US$90 million. (iii) Public Bidding FTIC-LP-12 2013 - Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications: Digital Connections Project. Contract awarded for US$32 million. (iv) 4G Spectrum Auction carried out by the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications for the award of permissions/licenses to use up to 225 MHz of the radio electric spectrum for the operation of the (4G) mobile service.
Honors and Awards
- Chambers Latin America 2016, Competition / Antitrust (Band 3)
- Chambers Latin America 2016, Projects (Band 3)
- Chambers Latin America 2016, Public Law (Band 3)
- Legal 500 Latin America 2015, (Recommended Lawyer)
- Co-author, "Colombian Competition Law. Getting the Deal Through," Dominance, 2015
- Co-author, "Colombian Competition Law," Getting the Deal Through – Vertical Agreements, 2015
- Co-author, "Competition Litigation in Colombia," ICLG to: Competition Litigation, 1989
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Secretaries of Arbitration Tribunals of the Conciliation and Arbitration Center of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce
Prior and Present Employment
- Dentons Cardenas & Cardenas Abogados, Partner, 2010-present
- Fernández de Soto & Asociados (formerly Fernando Londoño Abogados), Associate, 1997-2010
- Brigard & Urrutia Abogados, Associate, 1995–1996