Santiago is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate, Public Law, Banking and Finance, and Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy practice groups. He has extensive experience in the insurance industry, having worked as an intern for a well-known multinational insurance company from 2008 to 2011. Since then, he has worked at top-tier law firms in merger and acquisition transactions, infrastructure projects, and public and corporate law.
Santiago has been with the Firm since 2013 and has been involved in several public procurement processes, advising local and foreign companies in the infrastructure and telecommunications industries. He provides the Firm’s clients permanent legal advice on public and private contracts as well as in connection with contractual relationships with public and private entities.rivate entities.
- Isagen S.A. E.S.P.: Coordinating due diligence in the shares disposal process of the Colombian nation.
- Graña y Montero S.A.A.: Advising in a pre-qualification process for the concession of the building of the Prosecutor’s office in Cali.
- Agencias Universales S.A. – Agunsa: Advising in a process for the concession of the Pereira Airport.
- Graña y Montero S.A.A. and Pavimentos Colombia: Advising in a public procurement process for the concession of the Barranquilla Airport and the ‘Southwest Airports’ (Armenia, Popayán, and Neiva).
- TV Azteca: Advising in three public procurement processes before the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications – MINTIC, where TV Azteca was awarded two contracts.
- Co-author, "Estatuto Anticorrupción y Responsabilidad de Asesores," Diario La República (Colombia), 2011