Martha is an associate in the Firm’s Tax group. She has been with the Firm since 2013 and has extensive experience on the full range of tax matters in both advisory and contentious contexts, particularly regarding the application of the treaties to avoid double taxation, of which Colombia is a party. Her experience is enriched by her previous practice at KPMG and law firm José Lloreda Camacho & Co. Her clients include leading local companies and major multinationals from a variety of sectors, including construction, energy and natural resources, manufacturing, consumer goods, and the food and beverage industries.
- Investor in energy projects: Providing tax advice in order to create a tax efficient structure for his operation Colombia.
- International hotel chain: Providing tax advice in connection with a project to be developed in Colombia, particularly considering the double taxation treat with Spain.
- Agricultural machinery Distribution Company: Conducting a due diligence process and providing tax advice on the determination of the most tax effective structure to purchase the local entity/ business/assets.
- Co-author, "Colombia," International Corporate Guide to: Corporate Tax, 2016
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- KPMG Impuestos y Servicios Legales Ltda., 2011-2013
- Tax Analyst, Organización Terpel S.A., 2008-2009