Juanita is a partner in the Firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology, and Privacy and Cybersecurity practice groups. Major legal international directories have recognized her for her experience and knowledge. She has more than 20 years of experience managing complex IP portfolios for multinational and local companies and has advised clients in the drafting and negotiation of contracts, distribution agreements, sponsorship agreements, licenses, privacy, consumer protection, and information technology.
Clients have recognized her solid and deep knowledge of IP and IT matters and her high standards. Clients appreciate her approachability, commitment, and detailed analysis, which is evident throughout her legal work. She complements her education by attending high-level certified courses.
- Multinational and local companies: Permanent counseling to clients on their intellectual and industrial property portfolios, both in their selection and protection, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, consumer protection, promotional activities, warranties, advertisement, regulatory matters, entertainment, and privacy.
- Multinational and local companies: Assists clients with the design of policies and mechanisms to enforce IP (globally and regionally), as this is a competitive tool for clients in the market.
- Multinational and local companies: Assists clients on international commercial agreements, e-commerce terms/online consumer-facing sales terms, social media and mobile messaging platforms, privacy issues as well as on all consumer protection issues involving advertising, warranties, sweepstakes, etc.
Honors and Awards
- National Delegate, ASIPI, 2015-2018
- Chambers Latin America 2016 - Intellectual Property (Band 3)
- Chambers Global 2016 - Intellectual Property (Band 3)
- Legal 500 Latin America 2015 - Intellectual Property (Recommended Lawyers)
- "Border measures decree under study but support not unanimous," World Trademark Law Reports, World Law Reports
- "Licensing Trademarks in Colombia," Managing Intellectual Property Publications, Euromoney Publications plc
- "Colombia joins the International Community," Managing Intellectual Property Publications, Euromoney Publications plc
- "Concurrent use of marks in Colombia," Managing Intellectual Property Publications, Euromoney Publications plc
Activities and Affiliations
- Colombian Association of Industrial Property (ACPI)
- Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Prior and Present Employment
- Dentons Cardenas & Cardenas, Partner, 2008-present
- Cárdenas & Cárdenas Abogados Ltda., Associate, 1994-2007