Juan Sebastián has been with the Firm since 2015 as an associate in the Banking and Finance, and Energy practice groups. He has more than 15 years of experience in energy regulation matters, project finance, and local and cross-border financing and securities transactions. His clients include local and international financial entities, project owners, and developers and local borrowers. He worked for ten years with Colombian law firm Gómez-Pinzón Zuleta and was also in-house counsel for one of Colombia’s leading power generation companies. He was also a foreign attorney with White & Case LLP.
- RCI Servicios Colombia S.A.: Acting as counsel in the structuring of financial deals to dealers through a financial institution incorporated in Colombia and drafting and negotiation of the documents that structured the transaction.
- PCHs Los Molinos S.A.S. E.S.P. as borrower, and Lareif I, S de RL as sponsor: Counseling in the US$87.5 million financing of Los Molinos small hydro-facility, a run-of-the-river power plant with an installed capacity of 19.9 MW.
- Metrotel S.A.S. E.S.P., member of the Telefónica group: Counseling in the refinancing of a local credit facility for COP$96 million.
- Isagen S.A. E.S.P.: Counseling in the financing and structuring of the Hidrosogamoso power generation project, an 820 MW power generation facility located in the Sogamoso river.
- Avianca Holdings (formerly AviancaTaca Holdings): Counseling in the local IPO held in Colombia, for COP$500 million.
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Academic Professor, Del Rosario University, 2013
- Academic Professor, ICESI University
- Academic Professor, University of the Andes, 2001-2004
- Legal Director, AES Chivor & Cia S.C.A. ESP. September 2002 - March 2005
- Intern, Counsel's Office, Colombian Ministry of Mines and Energy, June 1999-January 2000