Benefit from our leading public law practice, which focuses on advising local and foreign clients on all types of administrative matters, with an emphasis on public procurement in the areas of infrastructure and telecommunications.
We handle bidding processes, performance of contracts, project finance, sanctioning proceedings and contractual claims, while counseling clients in judicial and arbitral proceedings. Practice strengths also include guiding you through contentious aspects of projects, especially in the areas of sanctions, claims, and judicial and arbitral proceedings.
Our lawyers cover the full range of industry sectors involved in projects with the Colombian state, including:
We advise a number of local and foreign construction companies on bidding processes for toll roads and during their contracts’ performance.
As advisors to the only railroad concessionaire in the country, FENOCO (Ferrocarriles del Norte de Colombia), we assist with government relations during the course of concession agreements. Our lawyers are also involved in a public-private initiative (APP) for revamping portions of Colombia’s railroad network.
We advise a number of Colombian airport concessionaires, including those of San Andrés and Providencia, on the performance of their concession contracts, as well as on disputes and conflicts with governmental agencies. Our team also regularly advises bidders for airport concessions.
Our lawyers assist a number of local and foreign telecom players with major strategic projects in Colombia, including telephone lines, satellite television, fiber optic networks and high-speed Internet initiatives.
If you have a foreign business seeking to work with the Colombian government, our global footprint allows us to provide a team that can help you navigate the legal and cultural differences and establish a strong working relationship.
- Colbún S.A. (Chile): Advising in the bidding process and auction carried out by the Colombian government for the sale of the nation’s shares in Isagen S.A. E.S.P. We advised Colbún S.A. during the pre-qualification process and with the transaction’s investment structure, and performed a legal due diligence on Isagen S.A. E.S.P. The estimated price of the transaction is US$2 billion.
- Several multinational companies: Acting as counsel in sanctioning proceedings pursued by different public entities regarding alleged breaches of infrastructure contracts.
- Airport concessionaire: Advising during the concession contract’s performance and on several disputes and conflicts that arose with two governmental agencies: AEROCIVIL and ANI.
- Multinational telecommunications company: Acting as legal counsel in a dispute resolution proceeding (Amicable Composition) dealing with an infrastructure telecommunications contract entered into with the Ministry of Information Technologies and Telecommunications.
- Multinational infrastructure company: Counseling on a fiscal liability proceeding pursued by the Contraloría General de la Nación (National Comptrollers Office) against ECOPETROL and others, regarding an alleged patrimonial detriment caused to the nation during the performance of a contract for the maintenance of the Caño Limón-Coveñas pipeline.