Benefit from working with a Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice that has handled many of Colombia’s most complex, high-stakes disputes. We effectively represent our clients through all dispute resolution stages, and we regularly advise clients on all types of corporate and commercial claims.
We have extensive experience successfully representing clients before civil, commercial, and administrative courts in complex disputes related to construction contracts, infrastructure deals, business contracts, distribution agreements, consumer protection, antitrust law, torts, insurance, class actions, and bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings, amongst others. Our dispute resolution team works together with lawyers and professionals in the Firm’s tax, labor, competition and corporate practices to provide comprehensive advice and representation in disputes concerning those areas of law.
Benefit from deep knowledge of domestic and international arbitral practice , as well. We represent clients before commercial, civil, administrative, and labor courts and have a consistent track record securing favorable judgments for local and international clients. Our arbitration practice has deep experience with a variety of major domestic and international arbitration proceedings under ICC, ICDR, and UNCITRAL rules, among others.
If your dispute involves multiple jurisdictions or multinational parties, rely on an unmatched global presence with the ability to provide you with talented lawyers from around the world.
More About Litigation and Dispute Resolution in Colombia
- International company in the automobile industry: Acting as counsel in a class action originated in the alleged loss value of a specific type of vehicle sold during 2011-2013. Amount in Dispute: US$21 million.
- Mining company: Acting as counsel in a class action originated in the alleged environmental damages caused throughout mining activities in the past years. Amount in Dispute: US$40 million.
- Foreign company: Acting as counsel in a collection proceedings against local debtors in a foreign indebtedness operation subject to the laws of the State of New York. Amount in Dispute: US$21 million plus interests.
- Local company: Acting as counsel for a company who operated a mayor concession agreement in the aeronautical sector. Litigation concerning the termination of the public concession agreement by the public entity. Amount in Dispute: US$20 million.
- Consortium: Acting as counsel in a claim against one of the mayor oil companies in the country regarding the construction of a pipeline. Amount in Dispute: US$15 million.
January 1, 2016
January 1, 2016
Discover easily accessible information on navigating the legal system while conducting business in Colombia. Read more
Read about recognition in Colombia of an arbitral award rendered abroad, which remains controversial, and the most significant Colombia Supreme Court decisions on the issue. Read more