Recognized as a leading firm in labor and employment law in Colombia, our team is involved in the field’s most complex and sensitive advisory work, while regularly handling complex employment litigation matters. Our practical advice includes drawing up employment contracts and structuring, implementing, and managing compensation programs designed to attract new talent and motivate and retain existing employees.
We provide comprehensive assistance on day-to-day labor and employment law questions, social security, compensation agreements, terminations and employee stock option programs. In conjunction with our market-leading transactional teams, we advise on the labor aspects of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate reorganizations vital for the success of the transactions.
We are also well versed in labor litigation, representing local and foreign employers in litigation and administrative proceedings before Colombia’s labor courts and government agencies such as the Ministry of Labor and UGPP (Unidad de Gestión Pensional y Parafiscales). We help our clients design and implement employee termination plans for all types of situations, including one-off dismissals, business restructurings and redundancies. Our team provides proactive solutions to these delicate processes, ensuring employers are protected against future claims.
Our immigration services include advising on the hiring of foreign staff by local and foreign entities active in Colombia, including obtaining visas and permits, drawing up employment contracts and assisting with compliance issues related to labor and immigration laws.
Rely on our Employment and Labor team for:
- Hiring and compensation programs
- Labor litigation
- Share and options plans for employees
- Termination plans
Whether you need assistance in Colombia or around the world, rely on a team with offices on six continents, operating in the communities wherever you do business.
More About Employment and Labor in Colombia
- Multinational companies: Providing legal advice related to shares, options, and other plans for employees of several multinational companies in sectors such as financial services and others.
- Various companies: Advising on the labor law and social security aspects of major transactions. Some of the companies involved belong to sectors such as energy production and solutions, airports operation, and financial services, among others.
- Multinational and local companies: Advising at different stages (response to requirements to declare or amend, motion for reconsideration, annulment and restoration of rights actions, etc.) of the control proceedings on contributions to social security and parafiscal contributions developed by the UGPP.
- Various companies: Advising on employer substitution/retirement plans in cases of companies’ sale. The area has structured several personnel’s voluntary retirement and employer substitution plans.
January 1, 2016
January 1, 2016
Find valuable information in this Q&A by our lawyers about terms and conditions of employment, union recognition, family leave rights, discrimination, termination of employment, employee privacy and other important issues. Read more
Learn many practical insights on an array of issues concerning employment and labor law in Colombia, including which workers are protected, rules on union recognition, what constitutes discrimination, family leave rights, termination of employment, privacy and data protection, and many others. Read more