Depend on Colombia’s leading Competition and Antitrust practice to guide you on the full range of competition law-related matters, including cartels, dominance cases, and merger clearance, as well as unfair trade practices litigation, where we represent both plaintiffs and defendants across all related areas.
Our comprehensive team assists clients in relation to visits conducted by the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, and our merger control practice represents clients involved in M&A activity before the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce and other government entities. In conjunction with our Firm’s leading transactional lawyers, our competition lawyers ensure that mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures are properly structured, that Colombian competition authorities are appropriately notified of the relevant transactions, and that clearance is obtained when required.
We are regularly involved in many of Colombia’s most high-profile, complex antitrust investigations, cartel and dominance cases, as well as merger control filings. Lawyers and professionals from our competition and litigation groups provide seamless advice on unfair trade practices litigation, including claims involving acts of confusion, free riding on others’ reputation, tortious interference, violation of secrets, and others.
- Antitrust audits and compliance
- Merger analysis and merger clearance filings
- Cartel investigations
- Dominance cases
- Antitrust litigation
- Unfair trade practices litigation
As competition issues often cross borders, our global offices can provide you with lawyers experienced in every legal tradition in the world, and benefit from innovative, client-focused solutions to complex business issues—wherever your business takes you.
- Multinational conglomerate: Advising in a multijurisdictional merger in the advertising sector.
- Multinational conglomerate: Advising in a multijurisdictional merger in the medical products sector.
- Individual: Counseling in an alleged restrictive trade practices investigation (cartel) involving the mass consumption products sector.
- Local agricultural company: Advising in an alleged restrictive trade practices (cartel) investigation.
- Local consortium: Advising in an alleged restrictive trade practices (cartel) investigation in the airport operation sector.
January 1, 2016
Read this Q&A for valuable insights from our lawyers about actions in Colombia for breach of competition law, specialist courts, jurisdictional factors, interim and final remedies, evidence, settlements, appeals and other issues. Read more