Rely on one of Colombia’s leading Banking and Finance practices. We have a successful track record handling many of the country’s most significant local and cross-border deals, including some of the largest, most complex transactions throughout the region.
We regularly advise local and foreign banks and major borrowers on a broad spectrum of financial transactions, including secured and unsecured credit facilities, project finance, debt issuances, acquisition finance, asset finance and leasing, real estate finance, bank regulations and Tier II capital indebtedness, restructurings and securities market transactions. Our capabilities also extend into a number of important sectors, including handling financing in the oil and gas, mining, telecommunications, manufacturing, aviation, shipping, rail, road, and infrastructure on behalf of a broad range of borrowers.
Benefit from our market-leading reputation for handling complicated project finance deals, having been involved in many of Colombia’s landmark transactions across a wide range of sectors. From lenders, underwriters, sponsors and developers, we have advised the full range of clients in this area, and as a pioneering law firm in financial transactions, we are adept at advising on the total spectrum of debt and equity financing structures.
In the capital markets area, the members of our team are also experienced in local securities transactions, including debt and equity placements, and we regularly assist foreign banks and local and foreign companies with the issuance of notes under US Rule 144A and Regulation S.
We also advise issuers and purchasers on Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) in Colombia, notes and bond offerings of Colombian issuers in the US market, secondary market offerings, private placement of securities, secondary markets, and promotion of foreign securities markets’ products and services in Colombia.
- Secured and unsecured credit facilities
- Project finance
- Debt issuances
- Acquisition finance
- Asset finance and leasing
- Real estate finance
- Bank regulations and Tier II capital indebtedness
- Securities market transactions
Take advantage of the world's largest law firm, able to provide you with experienced legal counsel anywhere you have a legal issue.
More About Banking and Finance in Colombia
- Ad hoc committee of bondholders of Pacific Exploration and Production Corp.: Acting as local counsel for ad hoc committee of bondholders in the reorganization of Pacific Exploration and Production Corp's debt for approximately US$5,300 million and the implementation of the Debtor-In-Possession financing through the issuance of notes for US$500 million.
- Bancolombia S.A.: Advising as lender in 2 credit agreements for COP$655,000,000,000 with 2 trusts of Concesionaria del Desarrollo Vial de la Sabana to refinance 2 credit facilities for the construction, operation and maintenance of roads in Colombia.
- Citibank N.A.: Acting as local counsel in a credit facility for Almacenes Éxito S.A. of up to US$400 million, to finance a corporate acquisition.
- Bancolombia S.A., Banco de Bogotá S.A., Banco Davivienda S.A., Banco de Occidente S.A., Banco Popular S.A., Banco AV Villas, and Leasing Bancolombia S.A.: Acting as local counsel in a credit facility granted to Almacenes Éxito S.A. of up to COP$3,500 billion, to finance a corporate acquisition.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Bank, HSBC, Bancolombia S.A., Bancolombia Panamá, and BNP Paribas: Acting as local counsel in the US$500 million credit facility granted to Opaín (Sociedad Concesionaria Operadora Aeroportuaria Internacional S.A.–Opaín S.A.) to refinance the existing credit and other capital expenditures for El Dorado International Airport’s modernization and expansion in Bogotá.
- HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., BBVA Securities Inc., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC: Acting as local counsel, for the initial purchasers, in connection with the issuance and sale by Colombia Telecomunicaciones S.A. ESP of hybrid securities issued under US Rule 144A of Regulation S, for up to US$500 million.
- Pacific Rubiales: Acting as local counsel for the Canadian petroleum exploration and production company in the issuance of Notes under US Rule 144A of Regulation S, due on 2023, for up to US$1 billion, for the payment of the issuer’s debt under a credit facility and general corporate purposes.
- US-Exim Bank, Exportkreditnämnden, and SACE S.p.A.–Servizi Assicurativi del Commercio Estero: Acting as local counsel in the financing granted to Refinería de Cartagena S.A. and Ecopetrol S.A., as guarantor, for US$3.5 billion.
June 22, 2016
January 1, 2016
Dentons Cardenas & Cardenas would like to remind you the existing obligation related to the update of foreign investment with the Banco de la República (Central Bank). Read more
January 1, 2016
Keep up with the latest developments in the tax, regulatory, environmental and legal liability issues surrounding all types of bank financing in Colombia. Read more
Read this Q&A for a comprehensive overview of project finance work in Colombia, covering issues such as creating collateral security packages, foreign investment, withholding tax, government authorities, regulation of natural resources, and many others. Read more