Rely on a world-class Arbitration practice that has deep experience with a variety of major domestic proceedings under Law 1563 and the rules of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá. Likewise, international arbitration proceedings under ICC, ICDR, and UNCITRAL rules. Our lawyers will competently advise you on every aspect of an arbitration, including representation in proceedings, preparation of arbitral agreements, selection of arbitrators and assistance with the annulment and recognition of arbitral awards.
Backed by a litigation and dispute resolution team that regularly handles some of Colombia's most complex, high-stakes disputes, our Arbitration group can represent you through all dispute resolution stages, both here in Colombia or abroad. Benefit from our extensive experience handling a wide range of dispute resolution matters.
Whether your dispute needs counsel in Colombia, award enforcement abroad, or any combination of the two, we give you a competitive edge in a fast-changing, increasingly competitive global environment.
- Local company: Advising in connection with an international arbitration venued in Colombia against a foreign company, due to a dispute regarding an EPC contract for the construction of a bio-fuels plant.
- Local company of the oil sector: Advising in connection with an international arbitration under the ICC rules venued in New York, against an international consortium of companies, due to a dispute concerning the construction of port facility.
- Chairman of an international arbitral tribunal: One of the members of the team is the chairman of an international arbitral tribunal under ICC rules venued in a Latin American country, regarding the construction of a power transmission line.
- Foreign company: Advising in connection with an international arbitration under the ICC rules, venued in Colombia, against a foreign company of the oil sector, due to a dispute regarding the assignment of exploration blocks.
- Consortium of local companies: Advising in connection with a domestic arbitration venued in Colombia, against a state company, regarding a contract for the construction of a building in an oil refinery.
May 2, 2016
January 1, 2016
Find your questions about arbitration in Colombia answered by our insightful legal team in "Arbitration," Getting the Deal Through, published by Law Business Research. Read more
January 1, 2016
Read about recognition in Colombia of an arbitral award rendered abroad, which remains controversial, and the most significant Colombia Supreme Court decisions on the issue. Read more
Find critical information about arbitration in Colombia, including issues relating to interim measures in domestic and international arbitration, enforcement, preliminary orders, interim relief and other matters. Read more
View all Insights for Arbitration in Colombia