Work with one of Colombia’s leading Infrastructure and PPP practices involved with a wide range of industry sectors. We advise foreign and Colombian companies on all aspects of major projects including bidding processes, performance of contracts, project finance and contractual sanctions, and assist with judicial and arbitral proceedings.
Our market-leading reputation for project finance is built on our experience working on some of Colombia’s landmark transactions across a range of sectors, including the areas of energy, mining and infrastructure. We advise lenders, underwriters, sponsors, and developers, and as a pioneering law firm in financial transactions, we handle the full spectrum of structures on both the debt and equity sides.
One of our many strengths is advising the infrastructure sector. Having played a role in critical public infrastructure projects in Colombia, our Firm advises on a range of road, telecom, water and railway projects. We assist multinational construction companies, airports, and engineering consultancies and have been involved in a number of significant PPP projects to date. Our team has also advised on a significant number of major energy and power projects.
As infrastructure projects involve parties from multiple countries or jurisdictions, our global reach provides you with lawyers on the ground who fully understand the nuances of the legal and cultural differences that can affect an outcome—anywhere you do business.
More About Infrastructure and PPP in Colombia
- Colbún S.A. (Chile): Advising in the bidding process and auction carried out by the Colombian government for the sale of the nation’s shares in Isagen S.A. E.S.P. We advised Colbún S.A. during the pre-qualification process and with the transaction’s investment structure, and performed a legal due diligence on Isagen S.A. E.S.P. The estimated price of the transaction is US$2 billion.
- Several multinational companies: Acting as counsel in sanctioning proceedings pursued by different public entities regarding alleged breaches of infrastructure contracts.
- Graña y Montero S.A.A. (Peru) and Pavimentos Colombia S.A.S. (Colombia): Advising on a bidding process carried out by the Agencia Nacional de Infraestructura (ANI) for the concession of the Barranquilla International Airport.
- Multinational telecommunications company: Acting as legal counsel in a dispute resolution proceeding (Amicable Composition) dealing with an infrastructure telecommunications contract entered into with the Ministry of Information Technologies and Telecommunications.
- Multinational infrastructure company: Acting as counsel on a tax liability proceeding pursued by the Contraloría General de la Nación (General Comptrollers Office) against ECOPETROL and others, regarding an alleged patrimonial detriment to the nation caused during the performance of a contract for the maintenance of the Caño Limón-Coveñas pipeline.
July 22, 2016
Dentons is ranked as a Tier 1 firm in seven categories and is recognized for its work in 15 countries and four regions. Nineteen of our lawyers are listed as leading lawyers in energy and infrastructure, and two are recognized as rising stars. Read more