Darío is a partner in the Firm's Corporate practice, and handles a range of corporate and commercial matters. During almost 50 years, he has handled a variety of landmark transactions across the full spectrum of industry sectors, including financial services, consumer goods, energy and natural resources, industrials, telecoms, and transportation. His client list features leading local and foreign entities, including major corporate clients based in Latin America, USA, Europe, and Asia Pacific. In addition to transactional work, Darío has also appeared on a number of high-profile disputes and is a member of the Colombian Association of Arbitrators. He also held the notable distinction of serving as Australia’s Honorary Consul for Colombia for five years.
- Aircraft manufacturer: Acting as local counsel in the review and registration of a mortgage and security agreement over an aircraft with Colombian operator, which was entered into with a Panamanian company and a US bank as co-grantors.
- US Company: Acting as local counsel for the buyer in the acquisition of a Colombian flag tugboat.
- Lenders of Perenco Colombia Oil & Gas: Acting as local counsel to conduct a due diligence of the assets acquired by the Company in 2013, to be included in a US secured revolving reducing credit facility and a GBP Secured revolving credit facility.
Honors and Awards
- Legal 500 Latin America 2015, Recommended Lawyer
- Best Lawyers
Activities and Affiliations
- Australia's Honorary Consul to Colombia for five years
- Board Member, Interlaw, an international network with more than 60 law firms in the world
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (IAPIP)
- Colombian Institute of Tax Law
- Commercial Bar Association
- The Colombian Association of Arbitrators
- The Bar Association of Mining and Petroleum
Prior and Present Employment
- Dentons Cardenas & Cardenas, Partner, 1966-present
- Cárdenas & Cárdenas Abogados Ltda., Associate, 1961-1966