Catalina is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and Arbitration practice groups. She has been recognized in Legal 500 Latin America as a recommended lawyer in the corporate and mergers and acquisitions areas.
Since joining the Firm in 2013, she has advised companies and individuals on their operations in Colombia. She has participated in the review of the legal aspects of companies and branches of special purposes foreign companies, coordinated due diligence s for the acquisition of companies in Colombia, and drafted and negotiated a wide range of business agreements. She has also advised foreign companies in bidding processes for transportation infrastructure projects and has advised in fiscal responsibility proceedings before the Contraloría General de la República (General Comptroller Office) and local arbitration tribunals.
- General Electric Healthcare's: Acting as legal manager for Central America, the Caribbean, Colombia, and Venezuela.
- Microsoft Corporation.: Serving as local counsel in the acquisition of all the shares in Nokia Colombia S.A., worth €2,774,500, as part of Microsoft´s acquisition of Nokia’s Devices & Services business worldwide.
- Avantel S.A.S.: Serving as local counsel under the finance agreement with Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), as lender of a principal amount of US$140 million.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized attorney, Legal 500 Latin America
- "Fundación Carolina" scholar, 2009
- Co-author, "Shareholders' rights in private and public companies in Colombia: overview," A Q&A guide to shareholders' rights in private and public companies’ law in Colombia, April 2015